Monday, May 29, 2006

::Happy Memorial Day::

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY GANG!!
I hope all of you had a FABULOUS DAY!! I DID!! HOT TAMALES BUT FUN FUN FUN!!
Our picnic was so much fun!! B grilled, YUMMY!
We didn't have a lot because I knew I would be there all day and way earlier than anyone else to make sure we got a spot so I didn't want to get to much and have it be sitting out cause I dont have that many coolers..LOL

So we had burgers, hotdogs, chips, different fruit, and Nae brought some VERY YUMMY corn on the cob and watermelon!
The kiddos AND adults..LOL Yes we hit it too, got to FINALLY hit the pinata! Poor Spongebob, I beliveve Bowlergirl has an arm, And Sonshine has his legs and other arm..HAHA He surely took a beating..LOL

And the kids swam in the river, it was really way to hot to fish AND no fish in sight anywhere, so they swam for a few hrs.. all got burned even with lotion on them TWICE.. Whattya gonna do right.. =) They were throwing cups of water on each other and water balloons they all had a blast!!

My Nephew Justin was laying face down and on his back in the river(switching off and on) just letting the current take him down..HEHE It was funny watching him just chill and let the water take him down.. We eventually had to have him start over he was getting to far away, he is 10 a month older than Sonderful and a total outdoorsy kiddo! SO SO SO BRAVE TOO..LOL

My Mom and Step Dad were there, My Dad and Brother came, Nae and her family(even Gilly came to picnic with us),My friend Tia and her boy Logan were there, him and Hunter are like best friends, they are so fun together, My nephew Justin and his Dad came too it was a nice turn out!

I love that my Mom, Step Dad and Dad all can hang together, I guess you would say they are friends, hell even still family..LOL No reason for my Mom and Dad to hate each other anymore,I doubt they ever did, but their kids are all adults ya know.. I like that, It never makes a family gathering akward, My Dad even goes to family stuff at the Mom and Step Dads house!

I am so happy the day turned out so beautiful! My first time hosting a holiday picnic, I have done bday parties of course but never something like this, the weather was great, and food too..WONDERFUL WONDERFUL DAY!!! And I decided to have it at a park that I had a birthday for Josh a few years ago, You can fish, swim, and picnic! But it is a state park so the guys had to 'hide' the beer in cups..LOL But you can't have a holiday picnic without some beer ya know.. =)

So now we are home and B grilled some more..LOL Some chicken and veggies on our grill!
I didn't really eat today, and grilled chicken was calling my name! MMM!
My nephew is up for awhile, he is out of school already..So he is staying with his Dad and while his cousin is still in school I will be watching him during the day, I guess she will once she is out for summer break! So he is spending the night tonight with us.. Sonderful still has school but it is 11:15 and they are just now going to bed.. But I didn't want him to have to go to bed at normal time tonight and miss out with time with his cousin since we haven't seen him since Easter.

Ahh I am just realizing how long this post got... But I had to share my wonderful day with my wonderful friends!!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial day!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nae said...

Know all about the picnic was there lol. So just gona say had fun LMAO!

Mmmmm grilled chicken does sound good. Trucker came home and mowed the lawn. mainly because if he didn't the lady up front would do and Trucker didn't want her to be the only one doing it this summer LOL. Only thing is he missed a big patch so I had to pull it out and finish his job.

Have a great rest of your hot hot hot as heck day LOL!

10:45 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. My mom and dad get along better now then they did when they were married. My mom even lets him stay here when he comes to visit.

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home