Monday, June 12, 2006

Here is my 5yr old!!

Here is my boy today! My 5 yr. old boy that is!! LOL Does he look any older!!




Today we will have a cake made by yours truly(not the resturant, me silly's..hehe) The cake and the stuff for the cake were all picked out by Sonshine himself! So I will be making a confetti cake(white with colored pieces) with vanilla frosting and m&ms to go on it, purple writing frosting(purple is his FAVE. color) and a few little candy cars to put on the cake! LOL I hope it will look ok..

And he has 2 gifts from us to open..(the 3rd was given to him this morning w/ breakfast!) This morning, I sang my boy happy birthday with a cupcake (he picked out lastnight) and a candle with chocolate milk for breakfast! And gave him one of his 3 gifts this morning, I didnt want him to have to wait till after 6 to open presents..LOL So this morning he got his Cars leap pad book!! He has been enjoying that! and playing with his Superman Happy Birthday balloon he HAD to have at the store lastnight..lol

Daddy is at a job interview, for a Asst. Managers postion, same company, different location and position. Right now he is just a plain old full timer.. Which is a big deal there because the only people they have as full time are the managers,AM's, and everyone higher than them, They don't actually hire full time employees..But he went in to get the job as a full timer, he is a father and sole provider he couldn't have anything less when he switched from Glidden to SW.

So technically your supposed to have a Bachelor degree for the Asst. Manager postion but he was told to try it anyway! He doesn't even really want to be an AM he really wants to be a sales rep for them but I am sure that will take time. But Brian is the only person I know who can sell ice to eskimos SERIOUSLY that man can talk ANYONE into buying from him, it is crazy. So that is where he is and has been for a few hours.. WISH HIM LUCK!!

Sonderful is not here either, He decided to spend the week at his Meemaw's! I think maybe it may have slipped his mind that it was his brother's birthday this week.. But I didn't say anything, I will let him enjoy his time over there, With B working till 8 pm almost everynight we don't get to do much with them and I want him to enjoy his summer!! I do have to call him tonight though and remind him there is a parade for our town this week and he is supposed to be in it, so I have to see if he still wants to or not... I am sure he will want to!

YAAY!! Strawberry festival time!!! STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL is a fair held at the schools for a few days. The festival features a strawberry theme, with amusement rides for young children, teens and adults; it has a midway and flea market. Strawberry desserts (strawberry shortcake and chocolate covered strawberries) are a wonderful part of the festival and there are fresh strawberries for sale, as well; And there is a strawberry shortcake eating contest that B is dying to enter every year, you win like 50 bucks or something..LOL But he never has anyone to enter with so this year he said he will find someone..LOL

Last year Nae and Bowlergirl came with us, fun fun fun!! Oh and Sonderful starts boy scout Day camp on the 19th-23rd! And on the 23rd he will be working at the concession stand with B to earn money towards boy scout stuff!! This is his first year to do both.. And to be in the parade as last year it was rained out and we did not know what day the raindated was..So hopefully this year it will not rain and I hope he will want to come home for a few hrs to be in it..LOL

Welp I am off to check out all my daily online stuff while Sonderful watches Shrek 2 and before I start picking up!! Have a great day everyone!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger ::Ali:: said...

**INTERVIEW UPDATE**
B says the guy was VERY impressed and said so a few times during the interview.. He was more prepared than the man figured he would be. Since most people dont prepare for interviews with materials and plans for the future etc..so even if he doesn't get this position he is now in the guys radar and he knows what B can bring to the table etc..so it will always look good for the future..we will know this week he said!!!!!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger JC said...

fingers crossed here =) Yes Sonshine looks older ..lol he is so handsome. I hope he had a great Birthday. Happy belated Birthday Sonshine!!!!

7:18 PM  
Blogger Nae said...

Thats cool on the interview, good luck I hope things go your way.

Sounds like you made a yummy cake a tooth ache giving good cake LOL.

When is the Strawberry festival?

9:17 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Happy Birthday Sonshine!!!! You DO look older! It's amazing how much you've grown over the years.
Hope you had a wonderful day playing with all your new loot!

Good luck with B and the interview, I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

YUM I want some strawberries!

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home