Monday, August 28, 2006

::1 Year/1 Month Later!!::

It was a year ago today that hurricane Katrina devestated so much!

Now I was not 'personally' hit by the hurricane, I was emotionally!
My very dear friend Christine lost everything!
She waded through nasty water and past dead bodies with her son in tow!
I can never in a million years even say I can imagine what she and millions of others went through and are still going through today!
I am so happy my friend is safe and happy now with her new life in TX!

I just hope that no one forgets they still need help in everyway there!
And like many others have said,
Just because it is NOT on the news everday, Doesn't mean we have forgotten, nor does it mean the need for help is over!!
I don't think it ever will be!!
My prayers go out to everyone that was devestated or touched by Katrina!!

And

It was a month ago today that the worst flood ever devestated my county!
Our county has never seen anything like this, and it is a a 1 in 5 phenomenom!

Now One Month Later... STILL many homeless and without!
http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56153

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

My prayers go out to everyone that was devestated or touched by Katrina and everyone where you live Ali.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Well, since I live in the Houston area...I hear about this EVERY day. We still have SO MANY of them still living here.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home