Tuesday, September 05, 2006

THIS is why I work so hard......

This is why I work so hard to raise such wonderful boys!!!!
The following is an email I recieved from my MIL this morning
She had the boys from Sat. night - Monday afternoon and took them to a family picnic on Sunday because Brian had to work and she didn't want the boys to miss out...
************************
I think the boys had a super-fun time playing with all their cousins. Hunter was pretty disappointed that no one went in the hot tub. He almost cried when we left, and Connie picked him up in a terrific hug, gave him lots of loving, and then Gerry talked to him very gently. Josh noticed Gerry's accent. He may be a U.S. citizen now, but the Scottish brogue is still with him whenever he talks.

Connie made Hunter a solemn promise to make sure he goes in the hot tub next time we do anything at their house, no matter what time of year it is. She said she and Gerry even get in it during the winter. They put on bathing suits, wrap up in heavy robes, and dash out to the nearly 100 degree steam heat in the dead of winter. I don't know about that. I would freeze, if it was me.

Colin and Josh played together for long periods of time quietly in Colin's room, away from the other kids. They are both very intelligent and like to build things, and it was great to see them have such a great time together. They put together a V-Wing fighter plane from Star Wars over at Betty's house.

Hunter gets along with every single cousin, no matter if they are boys or girls, and no matter what age. He is surely sociable. Must get that from Brian. Brian always had tons of friends when he was in school, and even afterwards. I know you have lots of friends, too.

Andy was kneeling like a horsey in the bouncy castle, and both Hunter and Josh jumped right up on him, and they all collapsed giggling their heads off. Then, Paula's son Danny got in and began doing somersaults, so the kids tried their best to do that, too. Many of them did it, too. Aunt Em got in the castle, and bounced, but with my shoulder bunged up, I did not.

Everyone laughed loudly when Cathy, Mark, and Paula got in the castle, and would not let the kids in for a while. They said it was ADULTS time. Ha.

********************************
The boys so enjoyed theirselves, they told me all about it... But it is so wonderful to hear from other people how wonderful they are!

And I just love hearing how smart they are! And alot, not all but alot of credit there should go to Brian.. NO NO I am not downing myself, ..It's just that he is always spouting out info and both the boys are just always asking questions and he loves answering them, He is the one to help with hard homework, cause I just don' t know some of the things they ask or need help with, it is wonderful to have someone as smart and intellegent as my Husband to help mold these boys!

I love hearing how well they play with everyone! Some of them kids, boy o boy not even adults get along with them ya know.. But there are a few that are just amazing and super sweet, And VERY VERY Intellegent for little kids, and I am glad to hear my boys are two of them!!

It makes me realize that people do see it, people do see the hard work I have done with them, The hard work they have done and Brian has done and WE ARE STILL DOING to raise respectable, well rounded, and all around nice boys! They will eventually grow into respectable, well rounded, and all around nice men, and what Mom wouldn't be proud of that right!!

And although there are a few in the family that really just only care about themselves, Still there are so many in the family that love my boys like their own and will do anything to make them happy like I would!!
I heard one family member yelled at Hunter for not putting on his shoes and his girls are the absolute worst kids ever..Seriously, rich, stuck up little brats..and I am not just saying that sadly that is how they were raised, and how their Mother acts.
But I am very mad that he yelled at my child when I have never heard him OR his wife yell at his two children EVER.. I am very upset about this part...grrr...Mother Lioness coming out..lol

So I just had to share my pride with all of my friends!!

2 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

AWWW that is awesome Ali =)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

You should be very proud Ali... you have two wonderful boys and others see that too! Great job on being such great parents!!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home