Tuesday, January 03, 2006

::Don't say it is so..LOL::

But I believe that I have slowly and quietly entered the *TWEEN* years with Sonderful! *SIGH* LOL
He is currently 9yrs old and in the 4th grade! He is an honoroll student and a VERY WELL behaved and well mannered young man! We are all so proud of the way he has grown up, with the many exceptions of kids being kids..LOL I know he is not perfect but he is perfect for us!
It is not his birthday or anything like that, so I am not to sure why I have been thinking like this but I have realized tonight that we have indeed entered the *TWEEN* years!
What are the *TWEEN* years..Well here they are from MY pov!

The *TWEEN* years are where a child is stuck between staying young and growing up! Seriously!
My Sweet sweet Sonderful still believes in Santa! He still loves to say bedtime prayers and get stories from us at night! And NEVER EVER, Goes to bed (unless they have slept away from us)withOUT a good night hug and kiss from Mommy! He still enjoys to play with some toys..
So we have staying young.........
YET....
We also have growing up which consists of the following..........
He longs to hang with the older kids and or adults, He totally enjoys the rare occasions that Hubby allows him to play Magic with him and his buddy! He tends to prefer computer/video games over toys, and he is getting annoyed with his younger brother more and more which is another sign of *TWEEN* years! Along with his appetite going UP TREMENDOUSLY! Young Jethro in the making!! LOL
He is also turning into quite the lil couch tater..UGH!!
So far it is not a hard stage,but more of a watch and see stage.. It is REALLY fun to watch and see what he will be like when he is older! We are just waiting for one day when a major change to teenager will happen... Thank God I have Hubby with us now! I don't know what I would ever do if I were to have to raise a teenage son alone..LOL

OFCOURSE, It is totally wonderful watching Sonshine grow and blossom as well..He is slowly turning into a little gentleman..LOL He still has many many outbursts,and is not always so nice but slowly he is getting better!!

I guess is it just the new year with so many new opportunities for ourselves to begin a whole new life for ourselves!! Sentimental moments like this are nice!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

Awwww! Watching them grow up is such an interesting, yet hard, thing to watch! I just love watching the changes in Princess, but I hate thinking of her all grown up! LOL

8:21 AM  
Blogger JC said...

I agree Blue .I to love watching Little Guy learn new things and sometimes I think he acts older then me and Boater...lol

11:16 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

It's so hard to watch them grow becuase you know it doesn't stop, it never ends and eventually....well we all know the story. They grow up, get a life of their own, etc... It's sad and I hate to think of it. I'm so attached to my kids, I honestly wouldn't mind them all living at home forever! :D

6:51 PM  
Blogger Jayme Downs said...

Java, that's how me and Chad feel, we would love for our kids to live with us FOREVER. :)

Ali, I love how Sonderful is still remaining a child. My 10 year old brother in law doesn't play with toys anymore. He 'grew up' like 3 years ago. It's so sad that he's done that. And it rubs off on Ryan already and he's only 6. I feel like I'm losing my little boy at times. Ryan would rather watch tv or play PlayStation then play with toys I think.

It makes me so sad!

And then here is Saira, little miss prissy...fixing to be 3 years old in just a couple of weeks. She's really moving on to 'little girl' and out of the toddler stage.

OH BOY, what a ride already huh?

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home